Avnet will showcase four AI-enabled development platforms at the 2023 Embedded Vision Summit in booth #303. This year’s Summit will be May 22-24, in Santa Clara, California and is known as the premier event for practical, deployable computer vision and visual AI, for product creators who want to bring visual intelligence to products.
This annual event brings together a global audience of technology professionals from companies developing computer vision and edge AI-enabled products including embedded systems, cloud solutions and mobile applications.
Avnet’s demos will showcase how hardware, software and embedded AI designers can easily learn and adopt the latest AI technologies from industry leaders via four AI-enabled development platforms:
- RZBoard V2L: Energy Efficient AI Acceleration with the Renesas RZ/V2L —Various AI/ML models are executed on the energy-efficient DRP-AI accelerator core of the Renesas RZ/V2L processor and displayed via a feature-rich browser interface. With dual Arm® Cortex®-A55 CPUs, an Arm Cortex-M33 real-time core, DRP-AI accelerator core, an on-chip H.264 video encoder/decoder and 3D GPU, the RZ/V2L is ideal for implementation of cost-effective, heatsink-less AI applications. Avnet’s RZBoard V2L helps jumpstart new vision-AI designs, with its versatile expansion interfaces and software tools to leverage the capabilities of this low-cost, low power, AI-enabled processing platform.
- Edge AI Kit: Lightning-Fast Stereo Facial Recognition with NXP’s i.MX 8M Plus — Avnet’s Edge AI Kit provides stereo vision capabilities that help ensure facial recognition is accurate and secure. See the Edge AI kit in action with its included dual camera IAS adapter and 10-inch touch panel connected to a production-ready, SMARC-based i.MX 8M Plus SOM and carrier board from Avnet Embedded. See how Avnet can help bring your ideas from concept to reality with the tools and services that scale to your needs.
- ZUBoard: Low-cost, High Performance Machine Vision with the AMD Zynq™ Ultrascale+™ MPSoC — Based on the AMD cost-optimized Zynq Ultrascale+ ZU1 MPSoC, ZUBoard provides developers with a low-cost, versatile, development platform for AI and vision applications. Avnet has created several reference design examples using the on-chip DPU AI accelerator and a dual camera add-on module, demonstrating the high-performance, low-latency vision AI capabilities of the Zynq Ultrascale+ device. See how ZUBoard and Avnet can get you started on your next vision application.
- RASynBoard: Low-power, Always-on, Edge AI Smart Sensor Module — Ideal for battery powered, edge-AI applications requiring always-on sound and sensor fusion processing, RASynBoard offers developers a compact, embeddable module with a split domain AI processing system and WiFi/BLE connected MCU system. Based on the Syntiant NDP120 neural decision processor, a Renesas RA6M4 MCU and DA16600 WiFi/BLE module, the 25mm x 30mm RASynBoard provides ultra-low power AI acceleration for voice recognition, sound detection, predictive maintenance, industrial sensor fusion and much more.
In addition, Avnet employees Peter Fenn and Monica Houston will be featured speakers on the following topics:
- Battery-Powered Edge AI Sensing: A Case Study Implementing Low-Power, Always-On Capability – Peter Fenn, Director, Advanced Applications Group (Session on May 24 at 2:40p.m.). For more details visit here.
- Selecting Image Sensors for Embedded Vision Applications: Three Case Studies – Monica Houston, Technical Solutions Manager, Advanced Applications Group (Session on May 23 at 2:05p.m.). For more details visit here.
The Summit will also feature product and application developers, business leaders, investors and customers – all focused on perceptual AI at the edge for a wide range of industries including automotive, entertainment, healthcare, manufacturing, retail, robotics, security and more.
Since 2012, the Embedded Vision Summit has been the premier conference and expo devoted to practical, deployable computer vision and edge AI. The Summit is organized by the Edge AI and Vision Alliance, an industry partnership operated by BDTI.
For more information, visit www.embeddedvisionsummit.com.