Pulsiv Limited, the Cambridge (UK) innovator of power electronics technology, and Astute Electronics Ltd, the Stevenage (UK) privately owned franchised distribution expert, have expanded their distribution agreement to include USA, Australia and New Zealand.
About Astute Electronics
Astute Electronics Ltd was founded 35 years ago by Managing Director, Geoff Hill to bridge the gap between broadline and independent distribution in the European supply chain. Still privately owned, the business now operates across five continents and has evolved into a global technology solutions player with revenues in excess of GBP £200 million. Utilising the wealth of experience and resources amassed within the business, its core competencies include:
- Global sourcing services
- Supply chain management
- Obsolescence management
- Lifetime programme support
- Anti-counterfeit protection
- 3PL (third party logistics) services
More recently, Astute has established a strong franchised component and sub-system division comprising of leading manufacturers managed by a highly experienced team focused on demand creation, engineering support and project management to meet the needs of customers globally.
Nigel Watts, Global Business Development Director at Astute comments: “The expansion of the partnership with Pulsiv to include Australia, New Zealand and the United States demonstrates their confidence in our ability, strategy and continued efforts in promoting their truly disruptive power electronics technology. Our motivation has been further fuelled by their unrivalled support, passion for growth and focus on reducing the energy wasted by billions of devices. Astute’s highly experienced team is focused on real demand creation activities and Pulsiv’s OSMIUM technology offers the electronics industry a new approach to power conversion. We’re delighted to be at the forefront of such an exciting innovation and look forward to a continued and successful future with Pulsiv.”
Nick Theodoris, Director of Global Sales & Distribution at Pulsiv adds: “Expanding our strategic partnership into new territories provides an exciting opportunity to deploy Pulsiv OSMIUM technology to a wider portfolio of customers. Astute’s focus on demand creation enables us to deliver our game-changing power electronics technology into important geographical regions, while the excellent relationship we have with the team provides the foundation for success.”
About Pulsiv OSMIUM technology
Using a patented switching technique, Pulsiv has developed an entirely new method for converting AC to DC that delivers a combination of game-changing benefits in power electronics designs. Our unique technology has extended the range of conventional flyback topologies to replace expensive LLC solutions, while achieving an unrivalled efficiency profile.
To simplify the design process, Pulsiv offers:
- Pulsiv OSMIUM microcontrollers which implement our patented switching techniques
- AC to DC front-end circuit configurations that include a Pulsiv OSMIUM microcontroller and supporting components for a complete AC to DC front-end design
- Evaluation boards for rapid development of power supplies that use a Pulsiv OSMIUM microcontroller and front-end circuit configuration
- Reference designs offering a complete solution by combining a Pulsiv OSMIUM microcontroller, AC to DC front-end design and carefully selected DC-DC converter
- Expert design support to assist in optimising the technology for various applications
- Tutorial videos providing an overview to various topics and complementary supporting documentation
Pulsiv OSMIUM technology provides a scalable platform for engineers to reduce size, improve energy consumption and optimise cost when designing a power supply for virtually any mains powered or battery charging application.