The STM32 family of 32-bit microcontrollers based on the Arm Cortex®-M processor is designed to offer new degrees of freedom to MCU users. It offers products combining very high performance, real-time capabilities, digital signal processing, low-power / low-voltage operation, and connectivity, while maintaining full integration and ease of development.
The unparalleled range of STM32 microcontrollers, based on an industry-standard core, comes with a vast choice of tools and software to support project development, making this family of products ideal for both small projects and end-to-end platforms.
A general-purpose microprocessor portfolio enabling easy development for a broad range of applications, the STM32MP1 series has the ability to support multiple and flexible applications, achieving the best performance and power figures at any time.
The STM32MP1 Microprocessor portfolio comes in two main configurations:
- STM32MP13x product line helps optimize the energy consumption and reduce costs while offering certified security for entry level Linux, bare metal or RTOS-based systems.
- STM32MP15x product line offers heterogeneous processing to support Linux and real-time applications.
The STM32MP1 series has been designed to meet the increasing demand for security in Industry 4.0, smart city and smart home applications. Beyond security, the series helps efficiently reduce energy consumption and cost.
The STM32MP1 extensive ecosystem offers many benefits. Developers can leverage OpenSTLinux, an open-source Linux distribution package, as well as the STM32Cube firmware. In addition, developers can access to a wide range of ST tools and ST partner resources, get local support and use global distribution channels.
Benefits of STM32MP13
- Fast and easy porting application software thanks to mainlined open-source Linux distribution with Android support available via partners.
- STM32Cube firmware and embedded software libraries help developers easily get started with the same STM32Cube toolset, including GCC-based IDEs, STM32CubeProgrammer, and STM32CubeMX (DRAM interface tuning tool included for easy configuration of the DRAM subsystem).
- An optional 3D graphics processing unit (GPU) provided for advanced HMI development.
- Rich set of digital and analog peripherals to perform a wider range of tasks, and adaptable to a wide range of applications, improving performance and efficiency.
- Advanced security features with certifications supporting security functions for IoT, industrial, and payment applications.
- Optimized bill of materials (BOM) thanks to high integration, packages compatible with low-cost PCB technologies (down to 4-layer plated-through hole (PTH) PCBs) and a dedicated Power Management IC (PMIC)
- Advanced tools from ST and Partners to evaluate, load, and debug
- An extensive third-party ecosystem
The STM32MP1 meets a wide range of requirements, addressing the industrial, smart city, smart home, retail, medical, health, and wellness markets.
STM32MP13 MPU offers certified security services
- Memory Protections against illegal access control
- Cryptographic accelerator for hardware robustness
- Platform authentication during product lifecycle
- Code isolation for runtime protection
Secure your production flow secure secret provisioning (SSP)
STM32MP13 provides complete toolset to generate and encrypt OEM OTP key file with the STM32 Trusted Package Creator software. It also offers securely provision the STM32MP1 series with licenses from a STM32HSM at the programming partner location. It Controls the number of devices programmed with the firmware
STM32MP13 Best in class energy consumption in low power modes combined with STPMIC1 Power Management IC, it have
STM32MP13x simplify your design and optimize power consumption. It offers 3 BGA packages to fit many applications. It lower your PCB cost: down to 4-layer PTH PCB / without any costly lasers vias. It also provides Software & pin-to-pin compatibility between all STM32MP13x part numbers for more scalability.
STM32MP13x offers following packages:-
- LFBGA289 14 x 14 mm, p0.8 mm, 135 GPIOs – 4-layer PTH PCB
- FBGA320 11 x 11mm, p0.5 mm, 135 GPIOs – 4-layer PTH PCB
- TFBGA289 9 x 9mm, p0.5 mm, 135 GPIOs – 6-layer HDI PCB
With STM32MP13x you can quickly build your custom projects. It have PCB layout examples based on Altium projects provide you with a modular approach to build your designs.
- All different BGAs packages, STPMIC1, Flash and different DRAM types (DDR3L, LPDDR2 & LPDDR3)
- Signal integrity and power integrity checks completed
- Developers can reuse the layouts and add their own interfaces linked to their end projects.
STM32MP135 block diagram
Delivering real-time performance with OpenSTLinux!
X-LINUX-RT expansion package enables OpenSTLinux real time extension, so called Linux-RT, reaching the determinism level needed for factory automation in key components such as PLC (Programmable Logic Controller)
Enabling AI on cost-efficient STM32MP13 with X-LINUX-AI. A free open-source software package dedicated to AI
- All-in-one AI solutions for the entire STM32MP1 series
- Pre-integrated into Linux distribution based on ST environment
- Include AI frameworks to execute Neural Network models
- Include AI model benchmark application tools for MPU
- Easy application prototyping (Python language and AI frameworks Python API)
- C++ API for embedded high-performance applications
- Optimized open-source solutions provided with source codes that allow for extensive code reuse and time savings.
With STM32MP13 you can quickly build your custom projects. All different BGAs packages, STPMIC1, Flash and different DRAM types (DDR3L, LPDDR2 & LPDDR3) are available for your various projects. It helps in your Signal integrity and power integrity checks completed. Developers can reuse the layouts and add their own interfaces linked to their end projects.
Extending STM32 graphic solutions using Qt for enhanced look & feel
- Integrated into the Qt Toolchain for easier rototyping and faster development
- Qt open-source solution integrated within OpenSTLinux Distribution
- Qt commercial versions available through official QBSP for STM32MP135F-DK board.
STM32Cube provides 3 tools across the STM32MP1 series for greater ease of use developers.
STM32CubeMX enhanced for MPU
- Device Tree configuration
- Device Tree generation
- DRAM interface tuning tool
IDEs Compile and Debug
- Free STM32CubeIDE
- OpenSTLinux Developer package Support
- Import DRAM tuning project
STM32 Programming Tool
- Flash, DRAM and/or system memory
- OTP programming
- Signing & key generation tools