Market forecasts, insights into the latest semiconductor materials developments, and the key role of materials in sustainability will take the spotlight at SMC (Strategic Materials Conference) Korea 2023 tomorrow at the Suwon Convention Center in Suwon-si, Gyeonggi-do, South Korea.
With advanced materials a key driver of innovation, and sustainability a top SEMI and semiconductor industry priority, SMC Korea 2023 will feature the following presentations focused on reducing the industry’s carbon footprint:
- Namsung Kim, Senior Director, Applied Materials –GAA (Gate-All-Around) Technology to Enable Continuous CMOS Transistor Scaling for Energy-Efficient Computing
- Sung-Ho Kim, Head of Global Marketing, Merck – Materials Innovation for Low-Global Warming Potential (GWP) Gas Development
- WonSeob Cho, Head of Electronic Materials R&D Center, BASF –Aiming for CO2 Neutrality: Sustainable Solutions for IC Applications
- Sang Uk Nam, Associate Research Fellow, KIET – Carbon-Neutral Strategy of Korean Government and Role of Materials Companies
In addition, experts from leading memory producers Samsung and SK hynix will discuss the vital importance of collaboration in advanced packaging and sustainable materials innovations.
The following experts will highlight other semiconductor materials market trends:
- Jeongdong Choe, Senior Technical Fellow, TechInsights – Market & Technology Trends for Memory Devices Including Materials
- Inji Yeom,Associate Partner, McKinsey & Company – Global Supply Chain
- Mark Thirsk, Managing Partner, Linx Consulting – Materials Still Matter. Trends in Materials Demand and Supply
- E. Jan Vardaman, President and Founder, TechSearch International – Advanced Packaging Technology & Market Trends
SMC Korea 2023 will also feature the following session:
- Advanced Materials Enabling Next-Generation Devices – Experts from Air Liquide, Dongjin Semichem and Lam Research will discuss materials crucial to driving semiconductor innovations.
The global wafer fab materials market is projected to see a strong rebound in 2024 after softening this year, the March 2023 SEMI Materials Market Data Subscription (MMDS) report shows. Key semiconductor materials market drivers include artificial intelligence (AI), applications such as ChatGPT, and the growing automotive chip market.
SMC Korea 2023 Sponsors
|Aether CT||DuPont||Linx Consulting|
|Dongwoo Fine-Chem||JSR||SK Inc. Materials|
|Dongjin Semichem||KC Tech||Wonik Materials|
SEMI Sustainability Initiative
The SEMI Sustainability Initiative brings together semiconductor industry leaders to accelerate the development of climate solutions and reduce the industry’s carbon footprint through collaboration, communications, alignment and standards. The initiative includes working groups focused on developing solutions to sustainability challenges. Learn more about the SEMI Sustainability Initiative or become involved by contacting us at email@example.com.